Last Updated: Nov 1st, 2020
This Policy describes:
- The information that we gather from you,
- How we use and share this information,
- The rights and choices you have regarding this information,
- The steps we take to protect this information,
- The information gathered by third-party services,
- How we transfer your information,
- How we may change this Policy, and
Information We Collect
We may collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of the Godox Products and Services. Some information we collect from you are referred to as “personal information” or “personal data” in this Policy. Personal information or personal data is data that can identify you, or data that we can relate to you, such as your name, email address, credit card number, and shipping address.
- Account information. When you create a Godox account, you may provide us with personal information that includes your user ID, email address or phone number, password or other information for account verification. You might choose to provide us with additional information — like gender, birthday, professional information and other similar information.
- Contact information. When you place an order with Godox, or contact us for customer service, you may provide us with your contact information including your name, alias, email address, shipping address, billing address and phone number(s).
- Payment information. When you place an order with Godox or engage in financial transactions by using Godox Products and Services, you may provide us with your payment information such as your bank account, credit card number, or debit card number.
- Photos and Videos. Godox does not automatically collect your photo or video without your consent and affirmative actions. When you choose to upload your photos, videos or other content using Godox Products and Services, including text content relating thereto, we may collect and store such content, including EXIF data relating to the photo or video. If such content contains information about others, you should obtain any required or appropriate consent from such persons and inform them about this Policy prior to uploading such content to Godox.
- Communications. When you contact us, we may collect information about your communications with us, including your contact information, and the time, topic, and content of your communications.
- Location information. If your location is collected through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth sensors of your mobile device or other non-Godox Products, please be aware that such sensors, and the associated data services, may be provided by a third party, which may access such information for the purpose of providing such data services to Godox.
- Technical Information. When you visit our webpage or use our mobile applications, you may provide us with technical information about the device running the browser or the application. Such information includes your IP address or device address, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use a Product or Service, hardware version, and operating system. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.
- When you apply for a position at Godox, you may provide us with your educational information, such as your academic degree and graduated school, and employment-related information, such as your former employers and working achievements. We may also collect such information from third party recruiters or websites.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use information we collect through Godox Products and Services in a variety of ways in providing the Godox Products and Services and operating our business. The use of information that we collect includes the following:
- To operate and provide features of the Godox Products and Services, to verify and manage Godox user accounts, to provide services and information that you request, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time by Godox. We will process your personal data in accordance with this Policy and any of your preferences, which are expressed via Godox Products and Services.
- To maintain and enhance Godox Products and Services, to personalize the content you receive and provide you with tailored content that will be of interest to you.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences, to improve the Godox Products and Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To contact you for administrative and informational purposes, including for customer service. We may send direct marketing such as communications, including updates on events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. If you are an individual or consumer we will only send you direct marketing with your consent or as permitted by applicable law. You may send unsubscribe requests or withdraw your consent at any time.
- To detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues that could harm our users, us, or the public.
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
- We will aggregate personal data we collect, such as the number and frequency of your visits to our sites and apps, to produce metrics and statistical information. We use aggregate data to help us understand how the site is being used and to improve its usability. We also use it to enhance the quality and availability of products and services we offer.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we will only use your information when we have a valid legal ground, including when:
- To comply with applicable laws, such as opening online accounts.
- You have consented to the use of your information, for example to send you marketing communications.
- We need to use your information to enter into or perform a contract with you, for example to deliver Godox products, to provide map services, or provide you with the customer support and other after-sales services.
- We need to use your information to comply with a legal obligation, for example to comply with a court order, subpoena, or warrant.
- We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your information to understand and improve our Godox Products and Services, and to monitor for and prevent fraud. We only rely on our own or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
When We Disclose Information
We will not disclose your information that we collect through Godox Products and Services to third parties except as described in this Policy or as we disclose to you at the time the information is collected. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to make publicly available by uploading it to a publicly accessible site or venue using Godox Products and Services (including sharing information on GODOX’s online community forum, the “Godox user group”), or that you otherwise elect to make public, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- We work with third party service providers to provide payment facilitation, parcel transportation, application development, traffic monitoring or analysis, electronic messaging, and other services for us. We require these service providers to use or disclose the information they process on our behalf, only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- We may preserve and disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, warrant or enforceable request.
- We also reserve the right to preserve and disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activities, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Godox Products and Services and any facilities or equipment used to make the Godox Products and Services available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about our users, including information you provided and any information collected through Godox Products and Services, may be disclosed and otherwise communicated to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
You may update, correct, or delete certain Godox account information and preferences by accessing your account preferences page, available through certain Godox Products and Services, including the Godox.com and various mobile applications. If you receive commercial email or text messages from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email or text message.
- We may make certain aggregated, de-identified, or non-identifying information about users of Godox Products and Services available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; (iii) product safety analysis; or (iv) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, and/or functionality of Godox Products and Services.
Note, however, that if you exercise your right to object or your rights of blocking, deletion or to be “forgotten,” or if you decline to share certain information with us, or if you withdraw your consent to our processing of information about you, we may not be able to provide to you some, or any, of the features and functionality of GODOX Products and Services.
Godox Products and Services may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services, or any information otherwise collected by such third-party sites or services is collected directly by the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through Godox Products and Services.
Retention of Your Information
We retain your information to provide service to you, or as required by applicable laws or regulations. We aim to retain your information only for the period necessary to fulfil our obligations under this Policy, unless otherwise required or permitted by law. We will carefully assess the need to collect data, the type of data collected, relevant legal framework, and the statute of limitations when determining the retention period.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available on or through the GODOX Products and Services and indicate the date of the latest revision. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change.
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy or our data practices by email at email@example.com. You may contact us to have your information blocked, deleted or erased, or to opt out from profiling where your prior usage of Godox Products and Services is processed to provide you with customized or personalized products, services or advertisements, or to obtain copies of certain of your information in a portable format. If you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us, you may also lodge a complaint with us or with a data protection regulator, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
What are Cookies?
When you use Godox websites or online services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept certain types of cookies, you may not be able to utilize the features of Godox Products and Services to their fullest potential. We may use third party cookies as well. For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data (Please refer to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners for additional privacy options, if any). Godox does not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use Godox Products and Services.
We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons” (together with cookies, “cookies and similar technologies”). This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use a Product or Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on a Product or Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use Godox Products and Services. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.
Cookies Use when You Use Mobile Devices
We may obtain or receive information about your device, our apps, or other apps. We may also use these technologies to store information on your device. For example, we may receive information about the make and model of your mobile device when you are asking others for help through our app.
Read of Particular Cookies
Browsers will send cookies for a particular domain (such as Godox.com) to the website each time a device with those cookies accesses content from that domain. This means if your device stores cookies for Godox.com, it will send those cookies to Godox when it accesses a webpage at Godox.com.
This website is operated by Godox Photo Equipment Co.,Ltd.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do Not Track
Godox does not currently take steps to respond to browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals as no uniform standard to respond to such signals has been developed at this time.